The objectives of the programme are to equip students with appropriate knowledge and skills to enable them to:
- Advance their higher education in research and development in Mechanical engineering field and interdisciplinary areas to emerge as researchers, experts, and designers.
- Impart learners with theoretical and practical knowledge, skills and talents needed in the work environment.
- Be employable and work in various fields like; industries, government and other institutions in order to meet the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals (i.e. Eradication of Poverty and Education for All).
- Be entrepreneurs, self-employed and job creators.
- Inculcate creativity and innovativeness into the Mechanical engineer.
- Be firmly grounded in ethics of Mechanical engineering and develop them to meet the challenges of work and socio-economic environments.